The Africa Festival supported the "Salif Keita Global Foundation"
with a donation of suncreams for the albinos in Mali.
FOUNDATION, NAME, RIGHT FORM
The Sheltered Foundation Africa Festival Würzburg was established in October 2014. The association has the name "Stiftung Africa Festival Würzburg". It is a non-profit non-legal foundation in self-administration of Afro Project e.V., Friedenstr. 5, 97072 Würzburg, Germany.
Foundation curator: Karl-Georg Moser, Würzburg. The foundation is under the trust administration of the law firm Dr. Fabricius and Moser, Würzburg.
Festival in the desert
With a lighting system and logistical know-how, Afro Project supported the Tuareg festival in 2004/2005.
The purpose of the foundation is:
Support for social, cultural and charitable projects and institutions in Africa, in particular in the field:
- health protection and health care,
- help for self-help,
- construction, entertainment and promotion of new and existing cultural institutions and events in Africa and
- the promotion of African artists and musicians;
- support for African art, culture and artists in or from countries outside the African continent, where Africans were abducted as slaves and whose art and culture still have African roots;
- support from Afro Project e.V. in cultural, social and informational projects related to the Africa Festivals;
support for the Africa Festival Würzburg in the case of difficult economic situations caused by natural events or other events of the association Afro Project e.V. as organizer of the Africa Festival in Würzburg.
Louisa, 10 years old, orphan suffering from Aids from Mozambique (left). Township in Cape Town (right).
2002, 2003 and 2004 Afro Project supported the Aids project "Steps for the Future" in South Africa.
The foundation does not act to make a profit and is not primarily to pursue its own financial interests. The means of the foundation may only be used for statutory purposes.
With a grant in the form of a "donation" which is beneficial to the foundational purpose of the foundation and which is to be used for this purpose, or in the form of a "endowment" which is intended to increase the foundation's assets stock. The person to be employed may be any natural or legal person (private individual, association, company and also another foundation).
Notice: To enable us to classify whether your subsidy serves as a donation to the purpose of the statutes or whether it should increase the foundation's assets stock, we ask you to state "donation" in the case of transfer in the purpose of your application and in the second case "endowment". If you do not provide any information or use the term "grant", then you leave us the assignment of your help. Please also quote your address so that we can send you an application certificate.
The flood of the Main River led to the evacuation of the Africa Festival in 2013.
Through donations from Germany and abroad the damage sum could be reduced.
- you are someone who see yourselves as part of a values association, that feels committed to helping social, cultural and charitable projects and institutions in Africa. You will get tax relief for your donation, regardless of your income and your donations to other organizations.
- when you donate inheritable assets to the foundation, they incur no death duties (also retrospectively
for up to 24 months).
- your commitment brings your company an improved image as a donor
- your customers and the population appreciate companies that are committed to social issues
- the realization of a personal commitment without own administrative effort and together with an experienced and competent organization
You can also consider the "Stiftung Africa Festival Würzburg" in your testament. This gives you the opportunity to secure your commitment beyond your death. Even your last will can move mountains - your legacy can be permanent! Reflecting on the fate of your fortune in inheritance is a very personal matter. Have you ever thought about doing something with your heritage? We would like to show you how you can set the right course with your last will.
Certainly, you are aware that the German inheritance law, if no will is established, provides the legal succession. Your estate will be transferred to your relatives in a fixed order of succession. If there are no relatives, the Fiscus inherits, that is the State. If you want to deviate from this legal regulation, your will must be recorded in a testament. You can use any person as an heir or turn a legacy to them. These may also be non-profit organizations, e.g. our foundation.
You discuss the testament creation please with your tax adviser and/or with a notary public.
SUPPORTERS OF THE FOUNDATION ARE:
- the mayor of the city of Würzburg Mr Christian Schuchardt
- the president of the university of Würzburg Mr Prof. Alfred Forchel
- the managing director of the media group Main Post GmbH Mr David Brandstätter
- the charmain of the board of the Sparkasse Würzburg Mr Bernd Fröhlich
- the managing director of Bürgerspitalweinstuben Mr Peter Wiesenegg
- the head of protocol a.D. the federal government Mr Ambassador Dr. Rainald Steck
- the managing partner of the free ownership Mr Christian Freier
IF YOU LIKE TO DONATE TO THE FOUNDATION,
PLEASE TRANSFER THE MONEY TO THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNT:
Sparkasse Mainfranken Würzburg
BLZ: 790 500 00
IBAN: DE23 7905 0000 0000 220 111