- 29 DecRead more
The city of Würzburg provided us with a beautiful camping ground.
You may reach it via its entrance: Mainaustr. 32, (GPS 49.801821,9.909711)
CAMPING CHECK-IN TIMES 2020:
Thursday, (28 May 2020): 01 pm - 10 pm
Friday- Monday (29 May - 1 June 2020): 08 am - 10 pm
Please note: In order to guarantee a peaceful and safe environment for all visitors, cars once parked on the camping ground should not be moved. If you really need to leave the grounds with your car / camping van / etc... - the appropriate fee has to be paid again!
Due to the limited space at our camping ground, we recommend all visitors to arrive as soon as possible. The camping ground will be open from Thursday, 28 May 2020, 01 pm. Unfortunately, reservations are not possible due to organizational reasons.
CAMPING FEES 2020
The below mentioned fees include permanent parking for 4 days on our camping ground and the free use of the available toilets:
Per vehicle (maximum size VW Buses), motorcycle per approach:
Per caravan, large house tent, pavilion:
Per dome tent:
Per person on arrival from Wednesday to Friday:
Per person on arrival on Saturday and Sunday:
Children up to 12 years of age are free of charge:
*Garbage deposit per person:
Make sure you secure your locker for your valuables. The truck from Caderobe will be parked directly at the campsite. Information and booking here: https://www.africafestival.org/schliessfaecher/
Please keep the camping site clean and stick to the following rules:
- Entrance to the camping ground is only for camping guests (only with ribbon)
- Do not distribute any advertisement of any kind! We have too much garbage.
- No camp fire on the entire site.
- The operation of current generators is not allowed for reasons of noise protection!
- Unfortunately no external power supply can be provided by the organizer.
- Garbage or trash must be stored in the provided garbage bags and has to be disposed at central waste.
- After 10:00 pm nighttime peace has to be maintained in the interest of all parents with children and our neighbours!
- Departure from the campsite is possible daily until 10 am.
- Considering the many children, there are no dogs allowed!
- Camping is only possible till Monday morning. The area has to be cleared by noon!
There are two locations for lavatories with faucets. You must not use the restrooms of the soccer clubs. At the club houses of the soccer clubs SV 09 and the Wuerzburger FV (both located at the entrance gate) access to showers will be available for a fee at scheduled times.
Please look at the corresponding notices at the soccer clubs' facilities.
For those interested, there is the possibility of purchasing a breakfast at each of the clubs restaurants.
In the info area you have the possibility to charge your electronic devices free of charge.
*Each camper will receive a garbage bag plus a pledge on arrival for 5.00 euros. Upon returning the filled garbage bag including the pledge you will get your 5.00 Euro back. The return point for the garbage bags can be found at the entrance.
For further questions or problems, please contact the festival team at the info stand. We will be pleased to help.
Thank you for your understanding and support
The Afro Project Team
Playground at the camping ground
© Daniel Peter
- 02 DecRead more
OUR PARTNER HOTELS WITH SPECIAL DEALS FOR FESTIVAL VISITORSAll partner hotels have a high quality standard and are therefore recommended by us. During the festival the programmes will be available in the lobby of the respective hotel. Please note that during the Africa Festival most of the hotels are booked out and that in the meantime, due to the great demand, the rates have increased as during periods of trade fairs. Therefor we are thankful that the partner hotels are nevertheless able to offer our visitors their rooms at special rates.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The special prices can only be granted if booked DIRECTLY via the hotel, e-mail or telephone!The number of rooms is limited – please make sure to book in time!
SPECIAL RATES AT THE BEST WESTERN PREMIER HOTEL REBSTOCK**** WÜRZBURG 2021
- 72 rooms
- air conditioning
- Multilingual staff
Non-smoking double room 155,00 Euro under the keyword "Africa Festival 2021".
The price is valid for 1 night from 12.08. to 15.08.2021. Individual days can also be booked at the hotel's daily rate. Breakfast costs 18,00 Euro per day and person.
- We recommend booking soon at 0931/30930 or email@example.com. Contact person is Mrs. Stefanie Langer.
- The rooms are limited, subject to availability.
Location and info: In the center of the baroque city lies the since 1408 known inn - your home in Würzburg. Behind the listed rococo façade you will find the caring atmosphere of a family business in which all employees are customer and quality oriented. The starred restaurant KUNO 1408 is delighted with star chef Daniel Schröder avant-garde gourmet cuisine and many awards from well-known restaurant guides. In the SALON you can expect fine food in a living room atmosphere and creative Franconian cocktails at the bar.
Public car park: Directly behind the hotel with passageway on the ground floor.
EUR 20.00 for 24 hours / permanent tickets are no longer possible.
Hotel's own underground car park with car lift:
Depending on availability in our hotel extension Hof Engelgarten with passage in the basement -1.
EUR 20,00 for 24 hours
It is not possible to reserve a parking space. To unload you can drive into the hotel driveway, we will inform you at the reception which garage is available.
Best Western Premier Hotel Rebstock ****
T: +49 931 30930
F: +49 931 3093-100
SPECIAL RATES AT *** SUPERIOR AMBERGER HOTEL WÜRZBURG FOR 2021
- Special rates for guests of the Africa Festival under the heading: Africa Festival 2021
- Single room featuring shower/lavatory including breakfast buffet: EUR99.00 (12.+13.+14.08.2021)
- Single room featuring shower/lavatory including breakfast buffet: EUR75.00 (15.08.2021)
- Double room featuring shower/lavatory including breakfast buffet: EUR149.00 (12.+13.+14.08.2021)
- Double room featuring shower/lavatory including breakfast buffet: EUR109.00 (15.08.2021)
- All rooms feature a shower/lavatory or bathtub/lavatory, hairdryer, cable TV, minibar, soundproof windows, ventilation system, telephone, as well as free WLAN
- The hotel is located centrally just across the town theatre. The walking distance to the festival ground is ca. 20 minutes. You can also take the tram lines 2 and 4 from Juliuspromenade to the festival.
- An Italian restaurant, “La Fenice”, is located in our house
Come and visit our Ottolina café in Hofstraße, which offers Italian coffee specialities. You will receive a voucher for one espresso per person.
- You can park in the theatre car park across the street. If you have your parking ticket punched at the hotel, you will receive a discount, ca. EUR11.00 for 24 hours.
- The number of rooms is limited and can be booked according to availability (by 01 April 2020 at the latest)
SPECIAL RATES AT ***HOTEL AM MAIN 2021
- Single room including breakfast buffet: starting from EUR73
- Double room including breakfast buffet: starting from EUR106
- This is not a regular hotel but a personal and cosy place to feel at home featuring Franconian charm.
- free WLAN
- high-quality box-spring beds from the traditional Bavarian company FBF
- solely non-smoking rooms
- desk and HD flat screen TV
- room featuring shower/bathtub and lavatory
- one bottle of water
- The number of rooms is limited and can be booked according to availability
SPECIAL RATES AT ***SUPERIOR MERCURE HOTEL WÜRZBURG FOR 2021
- Special rates for guests of the Africa Festival under the heading: 32. Africa Festival 2021
- Double room: starting from EUR143
- breakfast buffet: 14 EUR
- Mercure hotel is the closest hotel to the festival ground at a walking distance of 5 minutes
- It features a lobby bar and 24-hour reception
- Shower/lavatory or bathtub/lavatory, water boiler for warm beverages, hairdryer, satellite TV, telephone, safe, fax/modem connection, WLAN (for free), desk, and air-condition (individually adjustable)
- barrier-free hotel
- The number of rooms is limited and can be booked according to availability (by 1st July 2021 at the latest)
- Please pay on the spot. The rooms can be cancelled for free until the day of arrival
SPECIAL RATES AT ***S GHOTEL HOTEL & LIVING WÜRZBURG
- 10% off the current rate for reservations, valid for all categories, reservations according to availability
- You can look up the rate, which is updated daily, here: www.ghotel.de
- The air-conditioned rooms feature a bathroom with shower/WC, hairdryer, safe, satellite tv and direct-dial telephones, free Wi-Fi and Sky TV
- Free access to the W1 fitness club during the regular opening hours
We advise you to book your room as soon as possible by phone: +49 931 359 620 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The offer is valid, is subject to availability and can only be booked directly at GHOTEL hotel & living Würzburg using the heading: Afrika Festival 32-2021
- Methods of payment: cash, American Express, Diners Club, Maestro/EC card, VISA and MasterCard
- Please note that the contingent is limited
SPECIAL RATES AT THE **B&B HOTEL WÜRZBURG FOR 2020
B HOTEL WÜRZBURG
Facilities: At the B&B Hotel Würzburg you can choose from 95 affordable and modern single rooms, double rooms or family rooms for up to four persons. You can comfortably reach your room, which features a fresh design, via the elevator. Air conditioning ensures a pleasant temperature in the summer, soundproofed windows ensure a calm sleep. Furtermore, each room is equipped with a bathroom featuring a shower, hairdryer and lavatory, as well as a study desk.
Free extras: You can enjoy various free extras during your stay. WLAN and Sky are available in your room. You can comfortably park your car for free on our own parking place (depending on the availability).
- Family rooms (for 2 adults and 2 children or a maximum of 3 adults) for 140 euros
- Single- or Twinrooms for 120 euros
Breakfast is 8.50 euros per person. The special rates are available. Due to the proximity to the festival ground and the great demand we advise you to book soon.
- The B&B Hotel Würzburg is conveniently situated between the river Main and the main station. It offers the perfect starting point for everything you want to do in Würzburg. You can reach the famous Residenz by foot in ca. 20 minutes and on your way have enough time to get a comprehensive impression of the many historical higlights of this Franconian city and experience the unique atmosphere of it. You can reach our car park via Pickelstraße. You can take this street despite the sign for one-way street until you reach the entrance of the car park when you are coming from Veitshöchheimer Straße.
B&B Hotel Würzburg
Veitshöchheimer Straße 18
Tel.: +49 931 / 25095-0
Fax: +49 931 / 25095-444
SPECIAL RATES AT HOTEL LINDLEINSMÜHLE*** FOR 2021
- Special rates for guests of the Africa Festivals under the heading „Africa Festival 2021“
- The family-operated hotel is located in close proximity to the city centre. It features a limited number of free parking spots next to the hotel, as well as parking spots which are avilable for rent for €10.00 per night.
Nearby is the bus stop „Bayernstraße“. From there you can take bus routes 12 or 21 to get to the station. The festival ground is located at a walking distance of 10 minutes to the station.
You can also take tramlines 2 and 4 tp get to the festivalground (at Talavera).
- Room categories and room facilities: shower/lavatory, hairdryer, Sat-TV, free wireless network, minibar and air conditioning
- Single room including breakfast/night €79.00
- Double room including breakfast/night €110.00
- Three-bed room including breakfast/night €130.00
- Four-bed room including breakfast/night €145.00
- The number of rooms is limited and can be booked depending on availability.
- The following payment methods are accepted: cash, EC/Maestro card, Master, Visa, American Express.
- We advise you to book soon via: Phone: +49 931 250490
A+A Hollerbach GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 931 25049-0
Fax: +49 (0) 931 25049-49
SPECIAL RATES AT HOTEL & RESTAURANT WALFISCH *** SUPERIOR FOR 2021
BOOK UNDER THE KEYWORD: AFRICA FESTIVAL IN WÜRZBURG 2021
By phone 0931. 35200 or by email email@example.com
Double room standard 125.0 € per night/room
Double room comfort 145.0 € per night/room
Single room standard 85.0 € per night/room
Facilities: shower/WC, hairdryer, safe, air-conditioning in all rooms, Sky, minibar, soundproof windows, fast W-Lan (free of charge)
The breakfast buffet can be booked for 14.5 euros per day/person.
A minimum stay of 3 nights is required
Parking is available for 12.0 € night/space
Rooms are limited and bookable until 15 July 2021 subject to availability.
There are a limited number of discounted rooms available. Booked rooms can be cancelled free of charge up to 7 days before arrival.
The hotel is located in Würzburg's most beautiful location, directly on the Main River opposite the Marienberg Fortress. The hotel is about 20 minutes' walk from the festival site. By tram (stop Neubaustraße - 2 minutes walk away) line 4 you can reach the festival area in 10 minutes.
Walfisch Hotel & Restaurant Würzburg
At the Pleidenturm 5
+49 / 931 / 35 20 0
SPECIAL RATES AT THE KOLPING GUEST-HOUSE WÜRZBURG FOR 2020
Kolping guesthouse B
Guests of our house are living right in the middle of Würzburg, at the centre. We are located in close proximity to the main station but at the same time in a quiet location. Our house offers 22 rooms featuring showers and restrooms. There is an elevator as well as two specially adapted rooms. Our rates:
- €42.00 for a single room
- €32.00 per person in a double room
- €32.00 for the third and fourth person sleeping at the top of a bunk bed
These rules apply to both guesthouses:
- Discount for children: children from the ages of 0 to 6 are free, children from 7 to 18 years receive a discount of 50%. In each case the discount applies if they are sleeping in their parent’s room
- All rates are per night and person without breakfast
- Breakfast upon request for €8.50 per person/day
- Bedding and towels are included
- Seminar rooms upon request
- Payment is generally made in cash at check-in starting from 02 p.m. at the day of arrival.
- Check-in is usually on Friday until 02.30 p.m. via Kolpingplatz 3. On Friday from 02.30 p.m. till 08 p.m. and Saturday from 04 p.m. via Kolpingplatz 1 please contact Mr. Götz. You can reach him by phone at 0931/41999-122 or via mobile phone at 0160/5209136. Please discuss other check-in times outside this time frame with us.
- You must have checked-out by 10 a.m. on the day of your departure.
- We are located at the centre of Würzburg, you can find parking spots in the direct vicinity of Kolpinghaus in one of the numerous car parks or at Residenzplatz. Attached you will find an overview of “Parking in Würzburg“. The Apple App Store and Android Market offer special parking apps for Würzburg. There are free permanent parking spots at Talavera. You can find it when you cross Friedensbrücke in your car and immediately after it turn right to the outbound lane. The walking distance from Talavera to Kolpinghouse is ca. 15 minutes.
For information concerning hotels and accomodations please contact the Tourism office of Würzburg, Phone ++49 931 37-2398 or http://www.wuerzburg.de/en
These are hotels within walking distance (5 to 10 minutes):
- Hotel Meesenburg, Pleichertorstr. 8, 97070 Würzburg, Tel: 0931 / 4 655 84 05; www.meesenburg-hotel.de/de/
- Hotel Residence, Juliuspromenade 1, 97070 Würzburg, Tel: 0931 / 535 46; http://www.wuerzburg-hotel.de/
We recommend early room reservations as many hotels are fully booked during the Africa Festival. You may also check out and book hotels via the internet: www.wuerzburg.de
You may find accomodations at favorable prices here:
- Jugendherberge Würzburg, Fred-Joseph-Platz 2, 97082 Würzburg, Tel. 0931 / 42590; http://www.wuerzburg.jugendherberge.de
- Hostel Babelfish, Haugerring 2, 97070 Würzburg, Tel. 0931 / 3040430; http://www.babelfish-hostel.de/
ADDITIONALLY: Downstream the river Main, visitors have the opportunity to camp at our camping ground
- 06 NovRead more
There are many ways to reach Europe's biggest and oldest Festival for African music and culture. Here are a few possible means of transportation and /or arrival:
- A3, coming from Frankfurt / Stuttgart: Exit Würzburg/Heidingsfeld - then follow the directions to the Würzburg City centre - the Festival and the parking are signposted.
- A3, coming from Nürnberg / Ulm: Exit Würzburg/Heidingsfeld - then follow the directions to the Würzburg City centre - the Festival and the parking are signposted.
- A7, coming from Kassel / Schweinfurt: Exit Würzburg/Estenfeld - then follow the directions to the Würzburg City centre - the Festival and the parking are signposted.
You can easily take the tram from the main station to the festival. The Würzburg tramway will add additional trams to the lines 2 and 4 on all four days in a cycle of 15 and 10 minutes. All visitors will be transported to the festival and back home in an easy and safe way until approximately 12.30 am by 257 additional trams. You can find the timetable information in real-time and the PDF timetable here:
OUR TIP: TRAVEL WITH THE GERMAN RAILWAY!
TRAVEL IN COMFORT WITHOUT ANY OF THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE
Up to five people may travel together with the "Bayern-Ticket" from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am - 3:00 am of the following day. On Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays of the Bavarian state you may even travel from midnight to 3:00 am of the following day! For more information, please visit the official website of the German Railway (Deutsche Bahn) www.bahn.de/en
Please note that the "Bayern Ticket" is also valid on the public transportation (trams and buses) of the VVM. It is indeed really easy and comfortable to reach Europe's biggest festival for African music and culture in Würzburg!
FESTIVAL VENUE | INTERNATIONAL AFRICA FESTIVAL
- A3, coming from Frankfurt / Stuttgart: Exit Würzburg/Heidingsfeld - then follow the directions to the Würzburg City centre - the Festival and the parking are signposted.